Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Barry Hathaway <bh...@nycap.rr.com> on 2011/09/19 19:02:26 UTC

Accessing session scoped service with Python

I just finished developing a POJO-based web service that operates in
session scope.
It works just fine when accessing via a Java client.  Now a particular
user wants to access it
using Python.  What client is preferred (soappy, suds, etc)?  How do you
go about setting
up the session (setting the SESSION_MAINTAIN_PROPERTY)?  Thanks.

Barry Hathaway

Re: Accessing session scoped service with Python

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday, September 19, 2011 1:02:26 PM Barry Hathaway wrote:
> I just finished developing a POJO-based web service that operates in
> session scope.
> It works just fine when accessing via a Java client.  Now a particular
> user wants to access it
> using Python.  What client is preferred (soappy, suds, etc)?  How do you
> go about setting
> up the session (setting the SESSION_MAINTAIN_PROPERTY)?  Thanks.

Honestly, I have no idea on  either of these.  :-)

Really the SESSION_MAINTAIN_PROPERTY thing is just telling the underlying HTTP
connection to maintain and send the Session cookies.   Thus, with whichever
library you select, you would need to investigate how you can get it to
maintain cookies.     ALTERNATIVELY, if you can get the library to allow
retrieval and setting of raw HTTP headers, you could manage the session
cookies yourself.  It's not that hard to do providing the library allows
access to  the headers.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org