Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/10/27 00:19:00 UTC

Re: ARQNotImplemented exception thrown by ARQ function calls

Oversight - I've just implemented it (it's not hard!).  It wil be in
tonight's snapshot build of 2.7.5-SNAPSHOT (it builds at about 05:00 UTC)

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/apache-jena/

By the way, you can execute algebra expressions directly:

DatasetGraph dsg = ...
QueryIterator qIter = Algebra.exec(op, dsg) ;

Not all algebra expressions can be turned into a query. If you are
manipulating the algebra, you can create forms OpAsQuery does not recognize.

	Andy

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
>> If it isa bug, how can I file a defect to it?

PS:

The issue tracker is here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA

for both reports and sending patches.

	Andy

Re: ARQNotImplemented exception thrown by ARQ function calls

Posted by John Liu <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Andy, for your detailed answers.

> Do you need to turn it back into query syntax?  You can directly execute
> the algebra after modification.

Yes, I need to send the query to an endpoint after adding some filters.

John

________________________________
Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 29/10/12 16:31, John Liu wrote:
> Thank you very much Andy for your quick action.
>
>> It will be in tonight's snapshot build of 2.7.5-SNAPSHOT (it builds at about 05:00 UTC)
>
> When will Jena 2.7.5 be released?

We have just release 2.7.4 so not immediately.

We do, as a project, practice de facto, "green trunk" i.e. the trunk is
in a state to be released (svn code trunk and nightly build, which is a
build of trunk).  The code even stamps the exact snapshot build and
build timestamp to identify precisely which code it is.

>> Not all algebra expressions can be turned into a query. If you are
>> manipulating the algebra, you can create forms OpAsQuery does not recognize.
>
> Can I assume that all ops which are compiled from a sparql query can
be turned back to a sparql query? For example, the following codes are
always working fine:

Yes but test.  The idea is any valid query will be reversed into an
equivalent query (equivalent => same answers ; it may not test .equals
with the input - surface details have been lost in the algebra).  It is
a pragmatic reconstruction of an equivalent query, not a theoretically
proven process.

>            AlgebraGenerator ag = new AlgebraGenerator();
>            Op op = ag.compile(query);

Op op = Algebra.compile(query) ;

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@graphity.org>.
There's another way to modify queries dynamically - as RDF using SPIN
vocabulary:
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2011/SUBM-spin-modeling-20110222/

Example QueryBuilder class:
https://github.com/Graphity/graphity-ldp/blob/master/src/main/java/org/graphity/util/QueryBuilder.java