Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Kashyap Parikh <kp...@upromise.com> on 2002/04/18 19:08:07 UTC

starting rmiregistry in Ant

Hi

I need to start rmiregistry (under <java_home>/bin/rmiregistry.exe) inside
my ant script.

I have following target for that

  <!--
    start rmi registry
    -->
    <target name="startrmiregistry" depends="loadmember">
    	 <echo message="Starting RMI registry on port 1099"/>
        <exec dir="${src.dir}/test/scripts" executable="sh">
            <arg line="startRmiRegistry"/>
        </exec>
        <echo message="RMI registry started"/>
    </target>

and startRmiRegistry looks like this:

------------>
#!/bin/sh

echo "Starting RMI registry on port $port"
rmiregistry 1099 &
sleep 5
echo "RMI registry started"

<------------

This doesn't work because. Ant hangs after starting the rmiregistry.

Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks
Kashyap

Re: starting rmiregistry in Ant

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Kashyap Parikh <kp...@upromise.com> wrote:
> I need to start rmiregistry (under <java_home>/bin/rmiregistry.exe)
> inside my ant script.

See:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=100621497023872&w=2

Diane