Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jared Griffith <jg...@picsauditing.com> on 2013/09/03 18:12:05 UTC

Re: SolrCloud Set up

I think I have it all sorted out.  There are some weird network issues here
where my test set up is, so that may have been part of the over all issue.
Timeouts wouldn't have fixed this issue, that's for sure.

Re: SolrCloud Set up

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Yep, that's the one, thanks...

Re: SolrCloud Set up

Posted by Jared Griffith <jg...@picsauditing.com>.
Thankfully it's none of those but more than likely a bad DHCP server
(Windows) or client (or combo there of) that is causing the network to
freak out.  I'll try adjusting the timeouts up to see if it will alleviate
this.

I am seeing that when I try to restart the solr instances sometimes they
seem to not join the cluster at all (nothing in the logs about issues).
Even after restarting the nodes that are reporting down a couple of times,
they never join the cluster again.

I have 3 zookeeper instances on 3 separate physical machines, and 4 solr
instances running on the same machine.

Re: SolrCloud Set up

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Re: SolrCloud Set up