Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Matt Dufrasne <md...@nvidia.com> on 2009/08/19 20:19:21 UTC

Modifying a tokenized field entry

Let's assume I have an index structured as below

name

species

color

max

cat

grey

sam

dog

brown

lucy

cat

white

.

.

.

.

.

.

poe

dog

blond

joe

cat

red

pam

dog

brown

The species and color fields are tokenized, indexed and stored.

Now let's assume that I want to change the term cat to feline and dog to canine.

>From what I have been reading, I would have to delete each Document(row) and re-add it with the new term.
Since the original cat and dog terms are Indexed, Tokenized and Stored, it seems like there should be a way to update just the terms cat and dog to their new titles.

Is there already a way to do this? Did  I just miss it?