Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jae-Hyuck Kwak <jh...@kisti.re.kr> on 2014/06/16 03:13:44 UTC

how to adjust locaity calculation in hadoop

Dear all,

I want to operate hadoop on the shared filesystem such as NFS, Lustre.

I think locality calulation in this scenario is meaningless
because local disk is not used.

Is there any configuration parameters not to use locality calculation?
or I’d like to know how to adjust locality calculation in hadoop
which is optimized for the shared filesystem?

I’m suspecting localtity wait factor (mapreduce.job.locality.wait.factor)
is regarding to this, but I’m not sure.

Any kind of ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jae-Hyuck