Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sigalit Eliazov <e....@gmail.com> on 2022/06/01 06:54:17 UTC

multiple pipeline deployment using flink k8s operator

Hi all,
we just started using the flink k8s operator to deploy our flink cluster.
From what we understand we are only able to start a flink cluster per job.
So in our case when we have 2 jobs we have to create 2 different clusters.
obviously we would prefer to deploy these 2 job which relate to the same
use case in the same cluster with 1 job manager and 2 task managers (one
per job)

Is this possible via the operator?
Did we miss something understanding the configuration?

thanks
Sigalit

Re: multiple pipeline deployment using flink k8s operator

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
The current application mode has the limitation that only one job could be
submitted when HA enabled[1].
So a feasible solution is to use the session mode[2], it will be supported
in the coming release-1.0.0.

However, I am afraid it still could not satisfy your requirement "2 task
managers (one per job)". Unless each TaskManager only has one slot.

[1].
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.15/docs/deployment/overview/#application-mode
[2].
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-docs-main/docs/custom-resource/overview/#flinksessionjob