Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ravi Prakash <ra...@otssolutions.com> on 2007/08/07 14:18:52 UTC

[users@httpd] r->notes among apache modules

Hi,

I am using r->notes to maintain values of some variables among apache
modules.

I am setting values in r->notes table in a module as follows:

/* Under Module A */

static int A_handler (request_rec *r)

{

apr_table_t *table=NULL;

table=apr_table_make(r->pool,1);

apr_table_set(r->notes,"MyNote","My Personal message to a module A ");

}

Now I want to read the value of  "MyNote" in Module B.

/* Under Module B */

Static int B_Handler(request_rec *r)

{

Const char *data;

Data=apr_table_get(r->notes,"MyNote");

ap_rprintf((r, "<H1>%s </H1>",data);

}

I compiled the full source codes and inserted Both The modules successfully.

I opend the two Browsers and called Handler of Module A first and  then on
2nd Brower, I called handler of  Module B.

I got Null printed on 2nd Browser.

Can any one guess my fault, if I have any.

Plz guide me to right way , How can I access that value.

Thanks In Advance

Ravi

Re: [users@httpd] r->notes among apache modules

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On 8/7/07, Ravi Prakash <ra...@otssolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Well,
> I am designing a intranet web server for my internal office uses.
> The whole scheme is as below:-
>

> 1. A Request Listener Module accepts requests and sends back response.
> 2. This Listener Module checks the Content-Type of each request.
> 3. based on that content-type , it passes the whole information to specific
> module particularly for that service.(Here I have to use r->notes to pass
> data from Listener Module to service modules)
>
> 4. service Modules again responds to Listener Module with response.(Again
> here, I have to use r->Notes for passing data from service Module to
> Listener Module.
>
> 5. Now listener Module accepts the data from r->notes (as set by service
> modules) and sends it to client.
>
> So,
> Listener Module is acting as an intermediate Gateway.

You should probably take the discussion to
modules-dev@httpd.apache.org.  I also think you might have better luck
sticking closer to the apache API instead of trying to work around it.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

RE: [users@httpd] r->notes among apache modules

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@otssolutions.com>.
Hi Eric,

Well,
I am designing a intranet web server for my internal office uses.
The whole scheme is as below:-

1. A Request Listener Module accepts requests and sends back response.
2. This Listener Module checks the Content-Type of each request.
3. based on that content-type , it passes the whole information to specific
module particularly for that service.(Here I have to use r->notes to pass
data from Listener Module to service modules)

4. service Modules again responds to Listener Module with response.(Again
here, I have to use r->Notes for passing data from service Module to
Listener Module.

5. Now listener Module accepts the data from r->notes (as set by service
modules) and sends it to client.

So,
Listener Module is acting as an intermediate Gateway.

Eric, This is the whole scenario , for which I am not getting solution.

Thanks for your Co-operation

Ravi

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@otssolutions.com>.
Hi Eric ,

Can u suggest some nice technique to achieve , what I am looking for.

It will be appreciated .

> I am using r->notes to maintain values of some variables among apache
> modules.

..

> I opend the two Browsers and called Handler of Module A first and  then on
> 2nd Brower, I called handler of  Module B.
>
> I got Null printed on 2nd Browser.

r->notes is in the request_rec which is scoped to individual requests.
You shouldn't expect to be able to read the data back on an unrelated
request.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] r->notes among apache modules

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On 8/7/07, Ravi Prakash <ra...@otssolutions.com> wrote:
> I am using r->notes to maintain values of some variables among apache
> modules.

..