Posted to wsrf-user@ws.apache.org by Asaf Lahav <as...@primagrid.com> on 2006/02/15 20:13:36 UTC

How to create a new instance

Hi all,

I am testing the WSRF framework and have a couple of questions.

AFAIK, the resource home is supposed to create and store the resource
instance.

The filesystem sample which is provided with the user/developer guide
creates the resources instances on the initiation of the resource home
class.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Doesn't the framework provide the means to create resources instances
dynamically?

2. I can override the CreateInstance function of the resource home and
expose it as an operation of my webservice. But then, what am I supposed to
return to the consumer? The consumer is expected to send an Endpoint
Reference to the provider on every invocation.

I guess I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Asaf Lahav

VP R&D, Prima Grid LTD.