Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Edward Quick <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2005/06/16 16:26:12 UTC

Using Nutch

Hi,

I work for a corporate firm who already use opensource tools such as Apache
and Tomcat. They were recently shown a demo of Nutch, to search on their
Intranet and were impressed by the results. However before commiting to
using Nutch, they want to do a side by side evaluation with Google and
Endeca.

I've been asked if I could find out a bit more information about Nutch so am
hoping I can find the answers on this list in the next few weeks.

I have seen the documentation on the Nutch website, but wondered if there is
anymore advanced documentation on Nutch anywhere, or are there plans to
write a book on it?

Are there any other major corporations using Nutch?

In terms of a roadmap, what is the future for Nutch? Is it going to remain
an active project or could it go dormant? What changes are planned in the
near future? From what I was able to find, it went dormant for a while, but
now its popularity is increasing.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Edward.