Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2021/02/25 12:56:13 UTC

Windows Buildbots

Hi all,

Just FYI:

The Windows Buildbots are offline for more than two weeks.
Apparently nobody noticed it...

I created a ticket for Infra:

   Matthias

Re: Windows Buildbots

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Arrigo,

Am 21.03.21 um 15:13 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
> Hello Matthias, all,
>
> replying to a somewhat old thread:
>
> On Sat, Mar 06, 2021 at 12:15:55AM +0100, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>
> [...]
>> P.S.: Did I mention, that we need someone to maintain the buildbots? ;-)
> What kind of maintenance do they require?
Every kind! ;-)

> And also: do we have any documentation about how those buildbots were
> installed and configured?

The only thing I know of is our configuration file:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/projects/openofficeorg.conf

I kept the Windows buildbots running somehow...

> The Windows building guide leaves some choices to the reader, and it
> may be useful to know which ones were followed for them.

I kept them as close to a release build as possible.

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: Windows Buildbots

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Hello Matthias, all,

--
Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: Windows Buildbots

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Arrigo,

Am 05.03.21 um 23:06 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
> Hello Matthias,
>
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 04:58:59PM +0100, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>
>> Hi Arrigo,
>>
>> Am 05.03.21 um 16:54 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:

>>> Thank you as well, Matthias!
>>>
>>> It looks like that the latest build failed. Can we get any detailed
>>> output of the failing module's compilation?
>> If you think of:
>>
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-win7-41x/builds/132
>>
>> That is a buildbot issue, happens from time to time.
> Yes, I meant that one.
>
>> Trunk did build OK.
> But apparently trunk failed as well...
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/log/wntmsci12.pro.build.html

The build before that was successful (same revision).
Normally the next build should be OK again...

>>> From the buildbot's page I can only see the output of build.pl
>>> enumerating modules as it compiles them, but not the invocation of the
>>> compiler, warning messages etc.
>> Logs can be found here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Buildbot+info
> Aha, thank you!
>
> And... yuck,,, file mtime mismatch?!
> Do you ever see this problem when you build AOO yourself?

No. This happens sometimes when the buildbots were stuck.

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: Windows Buildbots

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Hello Matthias,

Re: Windows Buildbots

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Arrigo,

Am 05.03.21 um 16:54 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
> Hello Matthias, all,
>
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 04:11:44PM +0100, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> FYI, the Windows buildbots should be functional again.
>>
>> Thanks Chris (Infra)!
> Thank you as well, Matthias!
>
> It looks like that the latest build failed. Can we get any detailed
> output of the failing module's compilation?

If you think of:

https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-win7-41x/builds/132

That is a buildbot issue, happens from time to time. Trunk did build OK.

Re: Windows Buildbots

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Hello Matthias, all,

On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 04:11:44PM +0100, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> FYI, the Windows buildbots should be functional again.
>
> Thanks Chris (Infra)!

Thank you as well, Matthias!

It looks like that the latest build failed. Can we get any detailed
output of the failing module's compilation?

From the buildbot's page I can only see the output of build.pl

Re: Windows Buildbots

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,