Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Diedler <AD...@tecracer.de> on 2008/04/22 12:39:20 UTC

Access SQL Server 2005 and 2000 on same machine

Hello,
We have installed a SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 Server Express on the same server and same Port (1433)
Now we have no chance to tell the Tomcat in Conf Directory, which SQL Server Version and Database has to be choosen for the Application.
I know, that there are Instance Names like 127.0.0.1\sqlexpress or 127.0.0.1\default but how use it in Tomcat 6.0.14 on Windows 2003 Server?
Here a Example from /conf/Catalina/localhost/root.xml

<Resource name="jdbc/jTDS"
               auth="Container"
               type="javax.sql.DataSource"
maxActive="100"
maxIdle="30"
maxWait="10000"
username="sa"
password="xxx"
removeAbandoned="true"
removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
logAbandoned="true"
driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://testsqlserver:1433/tecracer4;charset=Cp1252"
/>

Re: Access SQL Server 2005 and 2000 on same machine

Posted by Etienne Giraudy <eg...@gmail.com>.
Probably the answer is just in jTDS FAQ in http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html
Check the answer to "What is the URL format used by jTDS?"

My .2
E-

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.