Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sandeep Kulkarni <sa...@cisco.com> on 2003/01/03 12:45:14 UTC

Jetspeed Problem. Any Direction how to Proceed ?

Hi,
We are developing a portal application using Jetspeed framework and we are
facing the following problem. Any soutions to this ?

We have two portlets which extends JSPPortlet. Both the portlets have submit
buttons which should call the corresponding action class
and do the necessary action.
Jetspeed specification says that we should have one hidden parameter called
"action" whose value is the ActionClassName. So whenever user
submits the page, the corresponding action class name is retrieved from the
hidden parameter "action" and processed. Basically what i mean
to say is invoking of action class depends on the hidden parameter "action"
value.

But in Jetspeed, when ever we click on submit of a portlet, the entire page
is submitted and all the portlets are reloaded. Now as entire
page is reloaded, the hidden parameter "action" value is overwritten. So if
I have two portlets the 2nd portlet's action value will come. So
eventhough I click on 1st portlet's submit button, the 2nd portlet's action
class is invoked bcoz the hidden parameter action value is overwritten.

So how to solve this problem? any inputs ??

RE: Jetspeed Problem. Any Direction how to Proceed ?

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
There's a JSPPortlet tutorial
(http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/JetspeedTutorial.htm) and you may
want to look at this recent thread: