Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by st...@comcast.net on 2017/03/23 23:46:03 UTC

Updates to Tutorial?

Hi,

The tutorial here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide
...is not current for 16.11.01. Is there an equivalent to this somewhere for 16.11 (gradlew seems to be the change)?

Thanks!

Re: Updates to Tutorial?

Posted by Swapnil Mane <sw...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Dear Stimits,

This link may help you
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/tutorial-for-new-version-td4702062.html

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane

Re: Updates to Tutorial?

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Stimits,

We are planning to make these updates to Tutorial for latest release and
trunk very soon. In the meantime, you can refer README.md file. It contains
all the details you are going to need.

For sure there will be some changes in the way new component/plugin will be
handled, related to directory and file location. For setting up a new
plugin in release 16.11 you can refer this tutorial video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14-emy5lSE

There are some new videos uploaded to our OFBiz YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/user/ofbiz>.

Currently, I am working on some more tutorial videos, all these are going
to be based on 16.11 and trunk. To get regular updates from YouTube, please
subscribe to the channel.
Video information can also be found here on OFBiz  Wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/g9SnAw>.

Latest videos on the channel-

   1. Apache OFBiz Mailing Lists
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIS2kftvsq4&t=57s>
   2. Introduction to OFBiz Directory Structure Release 16.11
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMs5eedtHYo>
   3. OFBiz Beginners Tutorial - Basic Setup Release 16.11
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efkB_aN-ODw&t=68s>
   4. Create a Plugin Release 16.11
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14-emy5lSE>

HTH.