Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by I-Chung Young <ic...@puma.mt.att.com> on 2000/09/07 18:47:11 UTC

XSP question

Hi,

	Based on what I understand, XSP is recompiled every time
it is accessed? If there are simultaneous access to one page,
is it possible for one output/XSP/class override another?

	The question come from my colleague. He wrote a XSP page
that spawn a thread for DB access, which might takes a while.
The result of the query thread will be kept in session object.
	The main thread check if the result is available in the
session to determine whether to display the message "processing"
and allow user to click a button to check again with the same URL
or display the result.
	If user click too earlier before the new thread is created,
the new thread is never executed. My guess is due to recompilation
of the XSP that might interfere the class loading.

	Any explanation? or suggestion?

--
Thanks.
---------