Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Dubuc <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/05 17:15:52 UTC

TomcatNative Libarry on Fedora Core 5

Anybody been successful builidng Tomcat Native for Fedora Core 5? Is
there a place where I could retrieve the RPM?

I have tried to build. I had to modify the tcnative.spec file as
outlined by Jonas and repackage the sources of the
tomcat-native.tar.gz archive to be able to start the build process.
However, the build aborts toward the end with this error:

/bin/sh /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/apr-1.2.8/libtool --mode=install
/usr/bin/install -c -m 755 libtcnative-1.la
/var/tmp/tcnative-1.1.7-1-buildroot/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/apr-1.2.8/lib
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libtcnative-1.la' to a
directory not ending in /usr/local/apr/lib
make: *** [install] Error 1
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.13127 (%install)

Not sure why it expects directory to end with /usr/local/apr/lib. I
have built and installed APR 1.2.8 and it is installed in /usr/lib.

Martin