Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/02 19:46:10 UTC

Re: CSV Dataset Config Newline character

On 29 February 2012 21:32, Quazi Ahmed <qu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  As far as I understand, CSV DataSet Config reads a text file using
> the newline character to delineate between lines. I have a data set
> that could potentially have newline character as a part of the data.
> Is there a way to get JMeter read new line character as a part of the
> data? Thanks for your help.

Use quoted data.

Re: CSV Dataset Config Newline character

Posted by Quazi Ahmed <qu...@gmail.com>.
Quoted data for new line character doesn't work since JMeter reads
every line using new line character before it applies the delimiters
and quoted data. So the input is already parsed in to lines based on
where the new line characters are by the time quoted data or
delimiters are applied. Anyway, I ended up writing a plugin to read
the input byte by byte as opposed to line by line to get what I
needed.