Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Cédric Chabanois <CC...@cognicase.fr> on 2002/10/23 16:19:16 UTC

some thoughts about java:EJB provider

Hi,

As stated in bug 13808, I finally managed to get java:EJB provider to work.

I think a sample should be included with axis (as the one I attached to bug
13808) and that documentation should be added (there is no documentation
about this provider anywhere)

Concerning inout and out parameters (holders), they work well with Jboss 3
too.
You might wonder why they might not work.
Here is why :
According to ejb 2.0 specification (5.4) "The objects that are passed as
parameters on remote calls must be serializable.". But holders are not
serializable.
It works because the call is local. A remote call would probably fail.
My Ejb should probably provides a local client view instead of a remote
client view and so implement EJBLocalObject instead of EJBObject. But it
would not work anymore with Axis.

Cedric Chabanois