Posted to user@flink.apache.org by syepes <sy...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/22 14:36:25 UTC

Sink - Cassandra

Hello,

I have just started testing out Flink and would like to migrate one of my
Spark Streaming jobs (Kafka->Spark->C*) to Flink.

- Is there anyone using with Flink with Cassandra?
- Does there exist a working Cassandra Sink, the only thing I have found is:
https://github.com/rzvoncek/flink/tree/2b281120f4206c4fd66bec22090e0b6d62ebb8ad/flink-staging/flink-cassandra

Regards,
Sebastian

Re: Sink - Cassandra

Posted by nragon <nu...@wedotechnologies.com>.
Nick,

Can you send some of your examples using phoenix?

Thanks

Re: Sink - Cassandra

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Yes the approach works fine for my use-case; has been in "production" for
quite some time. My implementation has some untested scenarios around job
restarting and failures, so of course your mileage may vary.

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 5:58 AM, nragon <nuno.goncalves@wedotechnologies.com

Re: Sink - Cassandra

Re: Sink - Cassandra

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
Hi Sebastian,

I've had preliminary success with a steaming job that is Kafka -> Flink ->
HBase (actually, Phoenix) using the Hadoop OutputFormat adapter. A little
glue was required but it seems to work okay. My guess it it would be the
same for Cassandra. Maybe that can get you started?

Good luck,
-Nick

Re: Sink - Cassandra

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.