Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "Sachdeva, Pushkar K" <Pu...@ca.com> on 2006/04/18 14:19:04 UTC

Please Help

Hi all,

I have a Web Service that exposes two devices located at say 10.10.10.10
and 10.10.10.12. Now I want to dynamically add a new resource located at
10.10.10.12 to this

Web Service( ie, I want this Web Service to expose 3 resources now.).
What I understand from my basic knowledge about Apache Muse is that I
need to call

add(createInstance("10.10.10.12")) method of ResourceHome class
dynamically.

But the problem is where should I add this code . I don't want to do
this in my init() method of Home class as I want it to happen
dynamically( not at initializing time).

I tried putting it in my custom operation that I defined my WSDL file,
but these operations are specific to the resources so it requires the
ResourceID field to invoke the function.

So, is there any way to define operations in the MUWS WSDL that are not
related to resources( i.e that does not require a Resource Identifier to
invoke it). ???

Is there any other alternative to achieve what I want.. ???

Please help me. I am trying to explore the Apache Muse to use  it in our
project.

-Regards

Pushkar Sachdeva

Re: Please Help

Posted by Kinga Dziembowski <kd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
If I understand you correctly during the life of your application, more
instances of this same resource type needs to be managed. There are at least
two approaches for this problem. One approach is to use the Factory pattern
and create dedicated service which will create for you new managed resources
instances - this pattern is illustrated in muse examples/enterprise.
Download Muse-1.0.zip, unzip and look at \muse-
1.0\examples\enterprise\Muse_Example.html
You will get some sense how it works. The Integrationserver is the service
implementing this factory pattern.

Please take a look.
Kinga Dziembowski