Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daniel Salvador <gu...@apache.org> on 2022/03/08 19:46:54 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] CentOS 7 KVM binaries

Hi all,

Thank you all for the engagement and participation.

The vote for CentOS 7 KVM binaries *passes* with
5 PMC + 1 non-PMC votes.

+1 (PMC / binding)
 persons (Gabriel, Nicolas, Rohit, Sven, Wei)

+1 (non binding)
1 person (Slavka)

0
none

-1
none

I'll open a PR on CloudStack Documentation repository[¹] adding a
RECOMMENDATION section on CloudStack's Installation Guide > Host KVM
Installation[²] guiding users to install the qemu-kvm-ev binaries, if
they are using CentOS 7. The packages that we will guide users to
install will be the latest provided by the official CentOS site[³]
(the current latest version is '2.12.0-44.1.el7_8.1.x86_64').

*Note:* PRs addressing KVM changes still have to look at the stock
qemu-kvm, as ACS will keep support of it.

Best regards,
Daniel Salvador

[¹] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-documentation
[²] http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/installguide/hypervisor/kvm.html