Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steven Coco <mr...@stevencoco.com> on 2006/02/28 22:46:31 UTC

How to specify the path to an Overview HTML file for JavaDoc?

Hello all.

I do not know how to specify the path to the Overview HTML file for
JavaDoc!  When I specify an <overview> tag in the
  plugin configuration, I cannot figure out what I'm supposed to do to be
able to refer to the path to my overview.html file.

It would be nice to be able to refer to the src/main/java directory
using some expression, and 'default' it to src/main/java/overview.html
but no matter what I try I can't get any valid path inside of the
overview tag -- everything becomes munged into useless text!  Any help?

Also:

Can anyone help me get the default JDK 5 JavaDoc behavior from Maven?
The style sheet comes from some non-default setting.  The only way I
have found to get the JDK 5 javadoc tool's default output is to
explicitly set the <doclet>.  But then Maven ignores any doclet-specific
arguments you try to pass to it!  This actually might be a bug.  Is
anyone following me -- perhaps I should file a bug?  You can see this by
specifying the default doclet explicitly in your javadoc configuration:
<com.sun.tools.doclets.standard.Standard> and then if you specify a
doclet option, like <linksource>, Maven will ignore it.

So there!

By the way, the plugin for NetBeans is really nice!!!  If NetBeans sees
a folder with a POM file in it, it marks the folder as a "project"
folder and you can just open it right up -- no .netbeans directory or
anything!

Thanks.
Steven Coco.