Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Hu...@Dell.com on 2014/01/18 01:34:36 UTC

SparkException: Expect only DirectTaskResults when using localScheduler()

Hi,

Can someone please explain what it means the following exception 'SparkException: Expect only DirectTaskResults when using localScheduler()'?
This is related to spark.akka.frameSize?
I am running single node local spark 0.8.1

Thanks,

Hussam

Re: SparkException: Expect only DirectTaskResults when using localScheduler()

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
It's 10 MB:

http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/configuration.html

- Patrick

Posted by Nick Pentreath <ni...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> This is a bug that was fixed and will be part of 0.8.2:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/281
> A workaround is setting the akka frame size to be larger using
> spark.akka.frameSize.
> The issue is that we added a mechanism to circumvent akka for large
> task results, but the implementation assumed this would never happen
> in local mode. That assumption turned out to be wrong, so it was
> patched in #281.
> - Patrick
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Nick Pentreath
> <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm also running into this issue. If it is related to a setting then the
>> error message should surely be cleaned up a bit to be more helpful in
>> suggesting a fix?
>> —
>> Sent from Mailbox for iPhone
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Hussam_Jarada@dell.com
>> <Hu...@dell.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> Can someone please explain what it means the following exception
>>> ‘SparkException: Expect only DirectTaskResults when using localScheduler()’?
>>>
>>> This is related to spark.akka.frameSize?
>>>
>>> I am running single node local spark 0.8.1
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Hussam

RE: SparkException: Expect only DirectTaskResults when using localScheduler()

Posted by Hu...@Dell.com.
Thank u Patrick.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Pentreath <ni...@gmail.com>.