Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Michael Mehrle <mi...@ask.com> on 2008/02/20 19:51:45 UTC

Tab switching events?

I have a TabbedPanel (a) that contains two panels which in turn each
contain one TabbedPanel (b) and (c). When I switch a tab in (b) or (c) I
need to retain the tab selection of (a) in their link logic. I am
currently overriding newLink() for all panels using
IndexedParamUrlCodingStrategy.

One approach I am considering is to capture the event when (a) is being
switched to another tab, catching its tab index and putting it into an
instance variable of the enclosing page.

Questions:

1) How do I catch that tab switching event?

2) Does anyone know a better way of correlating link generation logic
with nested tabbed panels?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Re: Tab switching events?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Michael Mehrle <mi...@ask.com> wrote:
> I have a TabbedPanel (a) that contains two panels which in turn each
>  contain one TabbedPanel (b) and (c). When I switch a tab in (b) or (c) I
>  need to retain the tab selection of (a) in their link logic. I am
>  currently overriding newLink() for all panels using
>  IndexedParamUrlCodingStrategy.
>
>  One approach I am considering is to capture the event when (a) is being
>  switched to another tab, catching its tab index and putting it into an
>  instance variable of the enclosing page.
>
>  Questions:
>
>  1) How do I catch that tab switching event?

you provide the ITab implementaton. your event is when ITab.getPanel()
is called..

>  2) Does anyone know a better way of correlating link generation logic
>  with nested tabbed panels?

yes. use normal links, that way everything is done automatically :)

-igor