Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan <ma...@localkinegrinds.com> on 2006/03/01 04:14:38 UTC

[m2] Repository mirror question

I've setup the Maven proxy as a mirror in our settings.xml file.
However, for some reason, when I want to access another repository such
as codehaus

<pluginRepositories>
  <pluginRepository>
  <releases>
    <enabled>false</enabled>
  </releases>
  <snapshots>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
  </snapshots>
  <id>Maven Plugin Snapshots</id>
  <name>Codehaus Plugin</name>
  <url>http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2</url>
  <layout>default</layout>
  </pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>

adding this entry in my pom.xml just doesn't seem to do anything.  I
keep getting the following error. (This is for Cobertura btw).

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin: checking for
updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin: checking
for updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin: checking for
updates from central
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

Anyone see this behavior when setting up a mirror in settings.xml?  Is
there no way to specify additional repositories to look at in the
pom.xml?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: [m2] Repository mirror question

Posted by Ryan <ma...@localkinegrinds.com>.
Actually, I just solved my own problem.  Apparently, you have to specify
the version number (which I had forgotten since I just copied the
configuration off the codehaus documentation).  Once the version number
is there, everything works a-ok.