Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com> on 2006/03/09 03:57:05 UTC

Platform move to LUNI causing issues?

Ever since the "Platform" class (and others??) changed/moved to the LUNI
module I can't run against the last SNAPSHOT build (from Feb.). I just keep
getting this error.

Exception in thread "main" java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org/apache/harmony/luni/platform/OSMemory.getPointerSizeImpl()I

       at org/apache/harmony/luni/platform/OSMemory.<clinit>
(OSMemory.java:64)

       at java/lang/J9VMInternals.initializeImpl (Native Method)

       at java/lang/J9VMInternals.initialize (J9VMInternals.java:153)

       at
org/apache/harmony/luni/platform/OSComponentFactory.getMemorySystem
(OSComponentFactory.java:38)

       at org/apache/harmony/luni/platform/Platform.<clinit>
(Platform.java:32)

       at java/lang/J9VMInternals.initializeImpl (Native Method)

       at java/lang/J9VMInternals.initialize (J9VMInternals.java:153)

       at java/io/FileOutputStream.<init> (FileOutputStream.java:47)

       at java/lang/System.<clinit> (System.java:55)

       at java/lang/J9VMInternals.initializeImpl (Native Method)

       at java/lang/J9VMInternals.initialize (J9VMInternals.java:153)

       at java/lang/ClassLoader.initializeClassLoaders (ClassLoader.java:78)

       at java/lang/Thread.initialize (Thread.java:359)

       at java/lang/Thread.<init> (Thread.java:157)

JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library jclclear_23(14): JVMJ9VM009E
J9VMDllMain failed

HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM

FAILED.

Maybe I'm completely off and I'm just missing something; please let me know.
If what I need is a new build of some of the native components, which is
what I suspect, I would like to kindly ask for a new SNAPSHOT build, if it's
not too much trouble.

Thanks,

-Nathan

Re: Platform move to LUNI causing issues?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Could be time to do another snapshot, but like Mark says, you can also
rebuild from scratch.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Regards,
Tim