Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steve Pruitt <bp...@opentext.com> on 2017/12/06 18:15:36 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] - Re: SolrCloud Windows Service

If I sign out, I lose my running Solr.  I need to start it up and then sign out.

Thanks.

-S

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 12/6/2017 11:15 AM, Steve Pruitt wrote:
> If I sign out, I lose my running Solr.  I need to start it up and then sign out.

If you're starting Solr with NSSM and having that problem, I think that
would be something to discuss with the NSSM project.  That behavior
sounds like Solr is not actually being started as a service.

One idea:  It's probably necessary to include the "-f" option on the
bin\solr command in your service, so Solr runs as a foreground process
within the service.  Running in the background is a good option for a
manual start, but it might be causing problems for a service, since the
service itself would be a background process.

Thanks,
Shawn