Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/07/03 03:21:36 UTC

Re: Stand alone Ambari set up

Hi Yixiao,

I'm sorry about my late response.
If I understand what you want to do correctly, here is be a summary of what
you need to do:

* Create Job Monitoring View that takes a YARN Application Timeline Server
URI (as an example, or any other endpoint you need to expose info needed
for the View)
* Install Ambari Server on some host
* Deploy Job Monitoring View on the Ambari Server
* Create one instance of the View for each cluster you want to monitor jobs
for
* For each instance, set the appropriate YARN Application Timeline Server
URI
* Grant access to Job Monitoring View instances for certain users/groups
* Users can log in and access your Job Monitoring View for specific
clusters to which they are granted access

You would not need to install agents on the clusters you want to monitor
jobs for.

Yusaku

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE