Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Denis Benoit <be...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/05/01 05:52:25 UTC

Modification of Jasper2's Generator.java

I was reading Remy's comments on the Generator.java patch and I noted two
things:

1. It could be possible to not always create a Vector and a BitSet if we
   declare them as instance variables instead of local variables.  This
   way we could defer their initialisation in the addTagToVector method;

2. It was not necessary to call the addTagToVector method in the
   generateCustomEnd.  In this method we are merely accessing the tag whose
   index was popped from the stack.  Since we call addTagToVector when
   we begin the pseudo "try" block, it follows that the tag is already
   in the vector when we reach the pseudo "finally" block;

Thanks!

--
Denis Benoit
benoitde@sympatico.ca

Re: Modification of Jasper2's Generator.java

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
> I was reading Remy's comments on the Generator.java patch and I noted two
> things:
>
> 1. It could be possible to not always create a Vector and a BitSet if we
>    declare them as instance variables instead of local variables.  This
>    way we could defer their initialisation in the addTagToVector method;

No, if they are instance variables, then you quickly fall into thread-safety
hell.  If you have 20 different people accessing the same JSP page at the
same time, then you have no clue as to which tag is in the Vector.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>