Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Phil <pl...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/12 18:21:20 UTC

svn propset syntax?

I am using this command on subversion 1.2.3

svn propset svn:needs-lock --revprop -r HEAD 1 http://vsubversion/svn/docs

But I get a failure:
svn: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
pre-revprop-change hook either failed or is non-existent
svn: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged

I have changed the default hook script to allow svn:needs-lock by modifying
the script as follows:
#if [ "$ACTION" = "M" -a "$PROPNAME" = "svn:log" ]; then exit 0; fi
if [ "$ACTION" = "M" -a "$PROPNAME" = "svn:needs-lock" ]; then exit 0; fi

and I even did a chmod 777 on the script just to make sure it was not a
properties issue...

Anything else I chould try? or is my syntax wrong?

Re: svn propset syntax?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 12, 2006, at 20:34, Phil wrote:

>> svn:needs-lock is a versioned property, not a revision property. You
>> set it by checking out a working copy, then using e.g...
>>
>> svn propset svn:needs-lock "on" foo
>>
>> ...where foo is the file whose svn:needs-lock property you want to
>> enable. Then you commit that change.
>>
>> You do not use the pre-revprop-change hook for this because it is not
>> a revision property.
>
> that would explain it then... thank you.
> But I have to set that on an entire directory with subdirectories
> for a project... can I do that for multiple directories?

I haven't worked much with properties yet, but "svn help propset"
says it does have a recursive option, which should help you.

Re: svn propset syntax?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.