Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paulo Cheque <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/28 20:27:37 UTC

SSO - 2 applications in 2 Tomcats - Realm

Hi,
I have two applications, each one in a differente machine with its own
Tomcat (5.5.x) server. I want to make a SSO to this applications.
I've asked in IRC about it and answer me to use SSO + Clusters because
Tomcat 5.5.x has a nice support.

So, I have to configure:
- A Realm
- A Valve to SSO
- My web.xml
right?

My problem is that I have already a database and it don't have the table
"USER" and another "USER_ROLE" how it is necessary like documentation (
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html). Indeed the table
of users has to many columns like "date of last access".
Have I to make my own Realm to work with this?

Thanks in advance.
Paulo

RE: SSO - 2 applications in 2 Tomcats - Realm

Posted by Richard Mixon <rn...@qwest.net>.
Concerning the questions on Realm ...

I think if you re-read the section
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html#JDBCRealm you will
find the answer.

The names of the tables are not important, they can be specified using the
XML attributes userTable and userRoleTable on the Real element.
Also the names of the columns are not important, they also can be specified
using attributes on the Realm element.

Someone else will need to answer the SSO question.

HTH - Richard