Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au> on 2008/01/02 01:32:40 UTC

Re: form submission doesn't work with ajax theme

Jeancarlo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using struts version 2.0.11 and dwr. The field validation and form
> submission and everything work fine (I'm using the tag <s:head /> without
> any parameters). It did work until I wanted to use the autocomplete struts
> tag. To use that I need to add theme="ajax" in the s:head tag, right?
> However, when I did so, everything stopped to work: validation, form
> submission. When I click in the submission button, it seems to work, because
> I can see through the console that it goes to the server but the page
> doesn't change. Am I missing something about how to configure the actions to
> work with ajax/dwr?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Jeancarlo.
> Happy new year!

Hi Jeancarlo,
When you had just <s:head/> all your tags were using the default theme
(usually xhtml) and were working.
When you changed it to <s:head theme="ajax">, all your tags started
using the ajax theme and stopped working.

It sounds like you require all your existing tags to use xhtml, and only
the autocompleter tag to use the ajax theme.

Two options:
  - use <s:head theme="ajax">, then modify all existing tags to use the
xhtml theme (theme="xhtml"); or
  - use <s:head/> but add the javascript directly to your page to enable
the autocompleter (see the html output when theme="html").  Set the
autocompleter to use theme="ajax" only.

It should be possible to get all tags to work with theme="ajax" but
you'll have to check what changed in the rendered html.

Hope that helps,
Jeromy Evans