Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aleksandr Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu> on 2004/12/15 15:19:43 UTC

More of multiproject questions

I started to think in terms of multiprojects lately and can not
think of a good way to handle the following situation:

I have business tier (BT) that relies on spring, that in turn
relies on hibernate to do my ORM stuff. So BT declares the
dependency on hibernate.

Then I have a web presentation (PL) that depends on BL. It is
a separate module.

Now when I build my war I am forced to specify that PL depends on
hibernate since its jars have to be included in the WAR.
Presentation layer however could care less about hibernate.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to configure my
presentation layer so it does not declare an explicit dependency
on hibernate? I am only talking about hibernate but I guess
I can safely generalize here about many other scenarios.

Thanks,
Alex.

Re: More of multiproject questions

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
It is the classic transitive dependancies reponce :
Transitive dependancies will be support in maven2 but they are not
support in maven1.X actually

But one thing you can do is declare this jar in the project.xml that
your PL extends so they don't be in your PL pom directly

Nicolas,