Posted to user@roller.apache.org by javaguy44 <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/31 00:19:44 UTC

Transport.send problem via properties (with fix)

Hi,

I ran into the Transport.send problems as listed here:
http://old.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=12275&local=y&query=transport.send
http://old.nabble.com/email-setup--tp16502139s12275p16502139.html
http://old.nabble.com/Problems-setting-up-mail-(Tomcat)-to20984951s12275.html#a20984951

However, the solutions provided their assume that the user is setting mail
properties via tomcat configuration + JNDI.

I still want to configure my mail.properties via roller-custom.properties

The fix / issue is as follows:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/roller/tags/roller_4.0.1/apps/weblogger/src/java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/util/MailUtil.java

line 652

change from transport.send() to Transport.sendMessage
 - both send(), sendMessage are static methods
 - send() does not use existing connection in MailProvider
 - sendMessage() does!

I tried to post to issue tracker, but it returns 404 at this time

since its a one line change, was hoping someone would just change it for me
instead of me going through the hassle of getting commit rights etc.

Thx