Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brian Fry <br...@oracle.com> on 2009/05/07 21:18:34 UTC

question on licensing for maven ant tasks

Hi. I am a bit confused about the licensing for the maven ant tasks, as
I see what appears to be conflicting details.

The ant-tasks project pages seem to indicate that
1) The Maven Ant tasks are part of Maven
(http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/index.html)
2) The license for the ant tasks is the Apache License 2.0
(http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/license.html)

However, the contents of the ant tasks distribution file
(maven-ant-tasks-2.0.9.jar) includes several other licenses:

META-INF/LICENSE   (this is the Apache License)
META-INF/LICENSE.txt   (this is a Codehaus license)
licenses/extreme.indiana.edu.license.TXT
licenses/javolution.license.TXT
licenses/thoughtworks.TXT

There's also two very different notices files:
META-INF/NOTICE.txt  (mentions only Maven Wagon API)
META-INF/NOTICE  (mentions Maven Wagon API and many others)

Is the Apache License the governing license for the maven ant tasks?

Thanks for any clarification!

-- Brian