Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James Williamson <jw...@asitinc.com> on 2005/09/07 20:10:58 UTC

2 separate repositories with separate access control

Hello,

I am trying to setup 2 separate repositories on the same server - each
with different access control. I currently have one repository and I
would like to add a second. I am running Apache on a Windows Server
platform and my htpd.conf file contains the following 'Location' block:

<Location /svn>

DAV svn

SVNParentPath C:/SVN

AuthType Basic

AuthName "Subversion repositories"

AuthUserFile passwd

#AuthzSVNAccessFile svnaccessfile

Require valid-user

</Location>

Is it possible to configure a second repository and use a separate
Apache password file to control access to the second repository?

Thanks

James Williamson

Re: 2 separate repositories with separate access control

Posted by Johan Appelgren <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 9/7/05, James Williamson <jw...@asitinc.com> wrote:> > Hello, > > I am trying to setup 2 separate repositories on the same server – each with> different access control. I currently have one repository and I would like> to add a second. I am running Apache on a Windows Server platform and my> htpd.conf file contains the following 'Location' block: > > <Location /svn> > DAV svn > SVNParentPath C:/SVN > AuthType Basic  > AuthName "Subversion repositories" > AuthUserFile passwd > #AuthzSVNAccessFile svnaccessfile > Require valid-user > </Location> > > Is it possible to configure a second repository and use a separate Apache> password file to control access to the second repository? > > Thanks > > James Williamson >
Sure. Just add another 'Location' for your other repository.
 <Location /svn2>  DAV svn  SVNParentPath C:/SVN2  AuthType Basic   AuthName "Subversion repositories"  AuthUserFile someotherpasswd  #AuthzSVNAccessFile svnaccessfile  Require valid-user  </Location>
/Johan

Re: 2 separate repositories with separate access control

Posted by John Duprey <jo...@gmail.com>.
Just a follow up, c:/svn would have to be a parent path for that to work and
for there to be repository directories under c:/svn ..:

<Location /svn>
DAV svn
SVNParentPath C:/svn

Posted by John Duprey <jo...@gmail.com>.