Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by mcasandra <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/01 02:00:42 UTC

nodetool cfstathistogram error

Cassandra 7.4:

nodetool -h `hostname` cfhistograms system schema
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at $Proxy5.getRecentReadLatencyHistogramMicros(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeCmd.printCfHistograms(NodeCmd.java:452)
        at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeCmd.main(NodeCmd.java:605)
Caused by: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException:
org.apache.cassandra.db:type=ColumnFamilies,keyspace=system,columnfamily=schema
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1094)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getAttribute(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:662)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.getAttribute(JmxMBeanServer.java:638)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1404)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:72)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1265)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1360)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getAttribute(RMIConnectionImpl.java:600)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:255)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:233)
        at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.getAttribute(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.getAttribute(RMIConnector.java:878)
        at
javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:263)

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: nodetool cfstathistogram error

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:25 PM, mcasandra <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like if I use system schema it fails. Is it because of
> LocalPartitioner?
>
> I ran with other keyspace and got following output.
>
> Offset SSTables Write Latency Read Latency Row Size Column Count
> 1 0 0 0 0 0
> 2 0 0 0 0 0
> 179 0 0 0 320 320
>

> Can someone please help me understand the output in first 2 columns? Why are
> SSTables always "0"?
>
> I am writing shell/awk scripts to parse this data and send it out to
> monitoring tool.
>
> So far I am planning to monitor output of netstat, tpstat and cfhistograms.
> Is there anything else I should monitor that might be helpful?

The system schema would does not work, and probably would not produce
any interesting output if it did.

Re: nodetool cfstathistogram error