Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael McIntosh <mi...@valicert.com> on 2001/11/15 14:53:33 UTC

Reusing Pre-Parsed DTD?

I have a system that handles a small, fixed set of XML Document Types each
with large complex DTDs.
I have found that when I parse/validate the documents, the majority of the
processing time is spent parsing the DTDs.
Is it possible to save the results of the DTD parsing and reuse this data
when parsing the documents?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Reusing Pre-Parsed DTD?

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
Look at the reuseValidator flag on the parse call. Read the FAQ which
probably covers the issues related to this flag.

Dean Roddey
The Charmed Quark Controller
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"If it don't have a control port, don't buy it!"