Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brian Delahunty <bd...@tssg.org> on 2003/06/17 11:17:41 UTC

Custom Generators - SAX 2

Hi (again),

I asked a question yesterday about custom generators ad I'd like to ask a similar question today.

If I have a URL to an XML page and I need to "pass it back" from the generator.

I'm using this code:

public class RSSGenerator extends AbstractGenerator {
    public void generate() throws SAXException {
        try {
            XMLReader xmlr = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader();
            xmlr.setContentHandler(this.contentHandler);
            xmlr.parse(http://www.website.com/xmlpage.aspx);
        }
.
.
.

I basically need a RSSGenerator... It will get an RSS feed address from a database and then send back the xml to cocoon.

Any ideas?

Brian

Re: Custom Generators - SAX 2

Posted by Brian Delahunty <bd...@tssg.org>.
I was using that but I was then "informed" [read: told] that I was to use a
custom generator.

It's ok though. I've fixed it. :-D

Thanks anyway

Brian