Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2013/12/29 16:16:11 UTC

OT (Was: Re: Ceph patches for httpd)

It is for reasons like this that I tend to dislike Github,
simply because it creates this mentality...

What mentality you may say? The mentality to work separate
from the community. I am sure that there are useful things
in this repo, but instead of working w/ us, and making
us aware of them, they instead just spin out something
separate. Why?

IMO, this tendency to "do your own thing" is one reason
why BSD failed while Linux succeeded... The result is
a *more* fragmented community, not a more cohesive and
collaborative one.

Re: OT (Was: Re: Ceph patches for httpd)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Agreed. Thx for seeing those patches and proposing them
being added!

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.