Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacco Braat <Ja...@start.nl> on 2002/12/02 09:15:53 UTC

Betr.: FreeBSD 4.7 Apache2.0.43 tomcat 4.1.12 - problem with mod_jk2.so

Build Apache with -DWITH_THREADS option. Is not default on FreeBSD.

>>> mmclean@hyperchip.com 29-11-2002 16:08:19 >>>
Hi.

I have installed apache2 - no problem.  It works fine.
I have installed tomcat4.1 from binaries - no problem. This too works
fine
for standalone.

The problem I am having is when I try to build the mod_jk2.so module
for
apache.

I am using ant to build the connector (jdk1.3.1).

When I first built the connector, apache complained about undefined
symbols
for apr.  I changed the build.xml file to link against the apr
libraries
that came with apache2.  The next problem I found was that I needed to
then
rebuild apr using --enable-threads as a configure option.  I also
passed
LIBS=-lc_r to the configuration script.

Now with the current apr libraries, when I start apache.
/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so.9:
Undefined
symbol "pthread_mutexattr_init"

platform is:
uname -a
FreeBSD <removed> 4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #0: Wed Oct 9
15:08:34 GMT
2002
root@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

Any help on how to build the mod_jk2.so module for this platform would
be
greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Michael

(ps.  I also received the same error message when I tried the prebuilt
mod_jk.so module that I downloaded for FreeBSD)