Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Christian Vaessen <va...@otris.de> on 2003/12/08 11:48:35 UTC

Portletcontainer

hi,
I´m doing a project work with the topic - Portlets, Portletcontainer. The company I´m working for already has a Portal, so that they don´t want to have a totally new solution but want to integrate a Portlet container in their existing Portal. To get into Portlets I´ve installed Pluto, and wrote some examples. Now we want to separate the container from the Portal - actually there is separated source code for both, but they are very closely linked together and I find it quite difficult to figure out all the relations. Now my question is, if you have any advice how to do it. Are there any Internetarticles or other literature about this topic? My research showed me lots of tutorials and howto´s about certain products like jetspeed or gridsphere but this isn´t what I´m looking for. the pluto container implements lots of different classes, is it really important to have all of them? I´m considering to try and develop an own, more basic container.
 Thanks for your help

Christian

Re: Portletcontainer

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
I'm in the middle of writing such a document, should be finished before
Xmas ;-).

I don't think that the container is tightly coupled to the portal
driver, in fact it was one of the design goals to not couple these two
components. That's why we have so many factories in there.

Stefan