Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/22 18:17:17 UTC

Brainsstorm

Dear Mr. Rob,

1. Just have a look at http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com
where new ideas for Ubuntu is discussed. Is there a similar facility for
AOO?

2. You have already seen this
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/contributor/vkadal/ideas/

AOO can be split into its parts like the Word Processor, Spreadsheet and
Impress. Not every body uses all the three. So users can upgrade the
portion office suite, the want to upgrade instead of complete upgrade.
Check the posibilty of implementing this

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480

Re: Brainsstorm

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Dear Louis
Yes I agree with you and try to follow the convention

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480

Re: Brainsstorm

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi....
[Comments below]

Re: Brainsstorm

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Rob,
>
> 1. Just have a look at http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com
> where new ideas for Ubuntu is discussed. Is there a similar facility for
> AOO?

We don't have our own system for doing this, but we used something
called Google Moderator to collect and rate ideas last year.

You can see here the 944 ideas from 1,312 users:

http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=2011d5

> 2. You have already seen this
> http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/contributor/vkadal/ideas/
>
> AOO can be split into its parts like the Word Processor, Spreadsheet and
> Impress. Not every body uses all the three. So users can upgrade the
> portion office suite, the want to upgrade instead of complete upgrade.
> Check the posibilty of implementing this

When we did our brainstorming the idea of having smaller, incremental
update installs came up as well.   It is being investigated.  One
complexity is that there are many upgrade paths.  You can upgrade from
version 3.4.1 to 4.0, but also 3.4.0 to 4.0 or even 3.3 or 3.2 to 4.0.
 So if we do an incremental update, we might want to focus on the most
common upgrade path, likely an upgrade from the immediate predecessor
version.

-Rob