Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com> on 2007/01/22 23:57:49 UTC

wicket-examples FormPage

I visited the FormPage on wicket-library.com and I'm not sure if its working
correctly:

http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:wicket.examples.ajax.builtin.FormPage

The page is supposed to perform Ajax form validation.  When I type data into
the field(s), I observe
an Ajax request being sent to the server. The response is returned to the
client but there aren't any validation
errors displayed on the page.

Could this be a bug?   I tested the page with MSIE 7.0 and Firefox 2.0

Sean

Re: wicket-examples FormPage

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
If users can, they should try to migrate. If users have severe bugs in
1.2.x and they can't upgrade, we'll patch it, but it is something that
first have to be voted for. For 1.3, see migration here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migrate-13.html. For most people it
should be a pretty easy fix, and the extra features are imo worth a
little bit of trouble. That said, we do understand that not everyone
is in the position to upgrade to a version that isn't released yet and
has backward compat breaks, so if a fix is really important for you,
please start a vote.

Eelco

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
On 1/22/07, Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com> wrote:

> I understand that Wicket 1.2.x is in maintenance mode. However, Wicket
> 1.2.4is the only version that has been deemed a production-ready
> release.

really? i thought 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3 were also production ready...?

Should users continue using Wicket 1.2.4 or should they move to the
> unreleased Wicket 1.3 codebase?

if you _can_ upgrade then please do, there are some api breaks through. if
not, then like i said, start the vote.

-igor

Posted by Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
yes thats the one

Posted by Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
ah, how could i forget our new domain! :)

http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/ajax?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:wicket.examples.ajax.builtin.FormPage

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.