Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Rani Yaroshinski <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/07 10:17:47 UTC

Hbase Sink

Hi,

It seems a little weird, but it looks like the most simple sink you would
like for hbase,
which allows you to set key, and columns generally is missing.
You need to write specific custom serializer for any implementation which
would make
a sense for any production system.
Anyone with pointers to rellevant custom implementations which allows
configuration for key
type and value, and also for column family data.

Regards,
Rani

Re: Hbase Sink

Posted by Gonzalo Herreros <gh...@gmail.com>.
Sent without finishing the message:

I started by extending RegexHbaseEventSerializer, so I didn't have to
implement the full HbaseEventSerializer

Override (and call parent) configure(Context context) to get your custom
configuration properties

In
public void initialize(Event event, byte[] columnFamily)

you get the event and extract the data

In
public List<Row> getActions() throws FlumeException

you generate the HBase Put actions.

Regards,
Gonzalo

Re: Hbase Sink