Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/11/25 23:21:19 UTC

Re: CVS access weiredness

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 11:33:44AM -0600, Karl Fogel wrote:
> Branko =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=C8ibej?= <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> > Now let me see ... Aha, :pserver: checkout works fine, so does :pserver:
> > update ... oops, I got it. :ext: update from the top of the APR tree
> > works fine, but reports that error when I update a Subversion tree,
> > which links to APR. So this is obviously a CVS problem. Maybe it's
> > confused by mixing :pserver: (svn) and :ext: (apr) in the same working
> > copy tree.
>
> Wow.  That's a clue and a half, yeah, it could be that...

Ever since we mixed the SVN and APR repositories (e.g. many months ago),
I've been getting:

$ cvs update
[ SVN directories ]
cvs server: Updating tools/cvs2svn/tests
cvs server: Updating www
cvs server: Updating apr
cvs server: Updating apr/buckets
[ APR directories ]
cvs server: Updating apr/user
cvs server: Updating apr/user/unix
cvs [update aborted]: shutting down connection to apache.org: Bad file descriptor
$

SVN is an authenticated :pserver: access and APR is an SSH :ext: access.

The behavior didn't change when APR moved.

My CVS version: (from cvs-1.10.6-2.i386.rpm in the RH 6.1 distro)

$ cvs --version

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.10.6 (client/server)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: CVS access weiredness

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> Besides, I know the best way to fix it. Install Subversion :-)

That's what I was thinking. :-)

-K

Re: CVS access weiredness

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.

Re: CVS access weiredness

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Not in my way, which is why I never brought it up. (well, I might have long
ago, but no biggy)

Status quo is fine for me...

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/