Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/07 13:20:51 UTC

doubts

I am trying to verify something here.. I run mapred with local option. These
are trivial issues but need to be addressed at some point of time

Right now two /tmp directories are created ( one in the running directory)
Let us say /nutch/tmp

and another in the root folder /tmp

Following are the questions
1)Are there supposed to be two instances of /tmp folder ?ie /tmp and as well
as /nutch/tmp

2) Where are these directories supposed to be
system
/tmp/hadoop/mapred/system ????
or
/nutch/tmp/hadoop/mapred/system ????

2) Map files
local directory in
/tmp/hadoop/mapred/local ????
or
/nutch/tmp/hadoop/mapred/local ????

3) Are we trying to store some user related files when we have /nutch/tmp.
Why cant we keep it as
/tmp/hadoop/ in all the systems (including task tracker and job tracker)

Rgds
Prabhu