Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Larry Hohm <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/10 22:31:32 UTC

Generating Site Documentation

Does Ivy support anything similar to the Maven site plugin, for easily
maintaining a project web site?  I am looking for a good alternative to
Maven, and I read with great interest the Ivy documentation, and blogs
comparing it to Maven.  I found brief references to publishing a project,
but no discussion of how to generate site documentation.

Larry Hohm

Re: Generating Site Documentation

Posted by Mondain <mo...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know it does not, it is only concerned with repository handling.
I believe it has publish / deploy capabilities but I have no experience with
those features.

Good luck,
Paul

--
http://gregoire.org/
http://osflash.org/red5

Re: Generating Site Documentation

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Tjeerd Verhagen <tj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No Ivy does not have site generation capabilities.
>
> You could use Maven for that, or Stylebook from Ant. Or one of the other
> projects like (no particular order):
> - cocoon
> - velocity / anakia / DocBook framework
> - forrest
> - or some other

We use xooki to maintain Ivy documentation, it's an in browser documentation
engine, which makes it very easy to edit pages and still benefit from text
based documentation (merge, patches, ...)

> It really depens on what kind of information you want to document  /
> generate, and how to present it. And in what source format (DocBook, Dita,
> other) it is.
>
> If it is written documentation (like, use cases, manuals, etc) you can use
> one of the above frameworks. Or is it generated information like javadoc,
> and reports like CPD, FundBugs, JDpend, etc.? Then you'll need to run the
> ant task and generate one html page (could be done through echo) to create
> an index page.

To generate and gather various reports you can have a look at glean:
http://jbrugge.com/glean/

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/