Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/08/23 15:48:11 UTC

Python Gump run ... sync sink ;-)

Last night I left Python Gump running on a small sized workspace, and today
it was still running. It was doing "cp -Rf" as it was yesterday. Looking at
the code it the 'sync' seems to do a module cp -Rf (inefficient in itself)
for each project, not each module, DOH!  I've fixed that now.

Anybody know why cp -Rf was used, when rsync is used for traditional gump?
Portability? [Clearly cp -Rf is a lot of work compared to an update that
might do very little.]

I'd like to add an option to cvs checkout/update directly into the build
directories and not require any sync. For folks who only maintain automated
nightly builders this seems practical.

I'll kick of another run once fixed. I can't publish my forrest output (I
had to close port 80 when I started gumping more Sybase internal software)
but when Nick's DSL link comes back to life after the lightening I'll
install/run there and show folks the skinless output.

regards

Adam