Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Leangen <os...@leangen.net> on 2017/01/11 22:39:00 UTC

[Converter] Questions about RFP

Hi!

I have some questions about this document:

 https://github.com/osgi/design/blob/master/rfps/rfp-0169-Object-Conversion.pdf <https://github.com/osgi/design/blob/master/rfps/rfp-0169-Object-Conversion.pdf>

First: 5.2 Maps, M0020: It must be possible to convert a DTO+ to a Map<String, Object> and vice versa

Does this mean a “deep” conversion? I.e. any embedded objects will also be converted to a Map? Or embedded objects will be passed along “as is” and only the parent object is converted?

Second: D0040: Provide a way to set/get fields from a DTO+ through a string path

Where is this located in the API? Is it possible that this and other requirements have been abandoned?

Thanks for the clarifications.

Regards,
=David

Re: [Converter] Questions about RFP